I’ve been tagged by Rick of Cook Ding’s Kitchen. I first came across Rick’s blog during my quest to find other taiji related blogs. Some comments on each other’s blog lead to an email exchange which lead to finding out that we have some mutual acquaintances in real life. Such a small world!
I have accepted the tagging and the rules are as follows:
- link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
- tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
- let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Random or Weird things about me:
- I started martial arts in second grade, taking lessons at the gym of a local elementary school. After years of Tae Kwon Do, I started chinese contemporary wushu. One day, I noticed my grandma watching me practice the staff in the backyard. Later that day, my aunt tells me that my grandfather used to also practice and train the staff. She tells me that he was able to jump on top of the roofs in their village with his staff. I wish I still trained in the staff…
- For a person who often posts things on the internet, I am very paranoid about sharing personal information online. I know, it’s a weird love and hate relationship.
- I am a bit anal retentive regarding my own routines. Sometimes when things go out of whack or slightly off course, I get a bit agitated. Example, I am pretty anal about GTD and keeping my action lists up to date. I take pictures of high ticket items to store for personal home inventory. I track finances down to the penny. I am paranoid about data backup and have over 1 terabyte worth of disk space for my computer alone.
- I am always researching something. I mostly read non-fictional works and will research for weeks before making a purchase. I have become the ‘go to guy’ for gadgetry and other things related to technology.
- I love podcasts and audiobooks. With a 1 hour commute to work, I try to make the best use of my time. Roughly 90% of the time, my iPod is playing either a podcast or audiobook.
- I like to dance and will throw down with the young-ens 🙂 In my early teens, I was all about the running man and kid’n’play kickstep. During high school and college, I was a raver and it was all about poppin and liquid glides. Recently, it’s ballroom dancing. At a family wedding about 2 years ago, I was called out by a younger cousin. I went out into the middle of the dance circle and put all the kiddies to shame.. heheh 😉
- Anytime the Karate Kid is playing on TV, I will watch it. This drives my wife crazy! 🙂
The follow people have been tagged:
Unfortunately, I may break the rules a bit as I only have 5 people to tag. Ohh.. that’s another thing about me, I prefer to hang in small circles. I like intimate groups of about 4-5 people versus big gatherings 🙂