What are five books that changed your life?
Inspired by Ms. Genevieve.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen: If you feel you have too much to do and not enough time to do things, Check this out. If you want a “mind like water” check this out! If you just want to “Get Things Done” Check this out! In other words, CHECK THIS OUT!
- Get a Financial Life by Beth Kobliner: After graduating college and not really sure what I should do with my money or finances, this book came in to give me some practical ideas that I could implement immediately! This was the book that became my entry point into the world of personal finance.
- The Way of Energy by Kam Lam Chuen: In my first formal lesson of taiji, the instructor introduced us to something called Zhan Zhuang aka Standing Meditation, aka Univeral Post posture. The idea is simple, just stand there and try to relax. It’s amazing how such a simple thing can reveal a lot about ourselves and provide us with a further understanding of our body.
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff: I was interested in trying to understand what taoism was all about. I tried to look at some academic writings on the subject but didn’t really know what they were talking about. I had seen Pooh as a child and having some taoist concepts being tied to these characters made the information readily accessible. Not only for taoist studies.. this book can provide insight into how we see ourselves.
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind by Shunryu Suzuki: “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”.